Pages

Saturday 14 June 2014

Busing it : Los Angeles

Although it was my intention to rent a car whilst I'm here I can't help being allured towards public transport. It hypnotises me....haha



Each day I use the bus to go to yoga - and by the way bus travel is a prerequisite for free yoga mat hire :) 


If you tell anyone outside the yoga fraternity in Los Angeles that you use public transport they either think your either poor or mad.


Bus travel has been the most grounding experience. The people who use the bus rely on it. Theres a high percentage of disabled people, tramps and mentally challenged people who add colour to my every journey. There's also people who do not have access to soap and water and if they do, they don't use it.


The bus drivers, being as many women as men, are calm and dignified as they put the ramp up, the ramp down, the ramp up again. 


A high percentage of bus users have wheels of some kind... even if its a shopping bag.....wheels wheels wheels...


The bus users are a chatty bunch and me being one of those friendly chat to anyone types I'm having a great experience.


I've travelled with the: 


80yr old rock and roller with bottled orange hair and piercings. 


Ella Fitzgerald lookalike who belly laughs at the top if her voice, off and on to herself the whole journey. That laugh which is infectious, nearly had me going :)


I shared a 2 person disabled bus pass with an Elderly Ukraine Lady, she insisted. (I didn't have change for the bus)


Had a conversation with a blind man who wanted to touch my face to see what I was like. I let him. 


I was thinking of buying or hiring a bike but I think I will stay with the bus. You don't meet people on a bike or in a taxi.....












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life of Sky. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig