Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

Earthmother or Cali Girl

Interesting day when Earth-mother  trying to be Cali girl, meets up with Street Fashion Kids.


After a morning of blogging in local cafe Ivy decides it's time to change her hair colour. I'm thinking...me too! So off we go to Bungalow, a near by hair salon for a consultation. The prices they give online do not correspond to the cost face to face so off we go looking for another salon. 

A beautiful walk up a residential road takes us to Melrose Ave and Fred Segal department store. 

OMG, within 30 secs I had made friends with a sales assistant who offered me bespoke earphones, free champagne cocktails, mini macaroons, mini fruit salads and directs me off in the direction of having a demo on laser light face treatments. Which will include a full makeup.

Ok, I'm not going to lie, I did look like I could do with a full makeup at that point as I had come out without my lipstick.... and the lips have to to be plump in LA.

I make an excuse that my daughter is waiting for me outside just escape the full on sales drive. Phew.... I'm out.... Ivy is now having a consolation with Planet Salon and within a blink she's in the chair having the works. 

She's going to be in there for ages so I stroll back to the flat....apartment in american. 

An oasis appears G Star Raw.... OMG how lucky am I...totally hooked on G Star in London. Sale! hurrah, but sale prices are too high so walk on.

I hit Fairfax Ave...  Dope  Pink Dolphin etc. Colourful, artistic, music/skater based fashion. It was so exciting to see what was leading the way. 

There was an OB crew there following someone and I was following the someone. Being nosey, as you do.

I ended up in a graffiti gallery and I could take photos!! which was pretty cool




P.S. I also noticed this little gem.
The Silent Movie Theatre.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life of Sky. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig