Pages

Saturday 21 March 2015

I've got that Lahu feeling


It's that time of year when I start to think about Thailand, Chaing Mai and especially the Lahu Hilltribe. Ever since I travelled there two years ago I have promised myself I would return. It's shamanistic energy, it's beauty and simplicity fills my soul. I long to return.



It's through Facebook that I keep in touch with the friends I made from all corners of the world. Already they are posting about how excited they are about returning again this year..... If only.

It was the first long haul adventure, solo and I stayed for 6 weeks. I flew into Bangkok and got the connecting plane to Chaing Mai. Whilst I waited in Bangkok for the connecter I searched online [ I <3 my iPad ] to find accommodation for that night. Go me! nothing booked. It felt so exciting.

From the airport I got a taxi to the hotel. Why I'd chosen a hotel on the banks of the river I don't know considering I get bitten to hell. It turned out the perfect pick. Hotel room was basic from basic with a padlock on the door,  but the barman , who was 'head cook and bottle washer' made up for it. He started off all professional but turned into the campiest barman ever, serving me wonderful G and T's [not yet brave enough to try the wine] and just the perfect host.



Next day it was a 12noon meet to go to Chiang Rai for a 2 week workshop in Thai Yoga Massage with Itzark Hellman. I'd been told that this guy was top of his game and he didn't disappoint. 20 of us signed up, coming in for all corners of the world. I was the only UK gal. It was a 2 hour trip by road to Lahu and I was waiting for the coach to arrive. Like you do ;) It so happened that there where two trucks. One for the luggage and one for us!
Here's the truck. 20 of us fitted into this like sardines some balancing on the sides. 
30 degrees sun and no lid! 

Lahu here we come !

Sky




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life of Sky. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig