Pages

Wednesday 16 July 2014

So so slow: Los Angeles



What is that amount of time that you wait in a queue at the supermarket, waiting for the person in front of you to pay for 5 things? 

I waited more than 5 minutes and I can't really say on what minute after 3 I started to huff and puff together with that slight clench of the back teeth. 




I was in a supermarket that sells the Nicki Minaj clothing range [ OMG ] a global supply of polyester and nylon clothing, cheap imperishable food and has the occasional visit from a masked gunmen. 

Just to say, I was buying the basics, washing up liquid, toothpaste etc and not a new outfit. 

......When the customer eventually paid - and by that time I was there with my basket ON the till point, roughly an inch from his arm, he started up a conversation with Michael the checkout guy about Michael in the Bible. What the! They were having a great time, they exchanged some laughter and were totally unaware that others might have a life and want to get out of this shop. 

Yay it's my turn. How's your day? Says Michael with a beam on his face. 'I'm actually loosing the will to live at the moment' I reply.

Young Michael fixes a shocked look. I instantly realise that he is taking me for real so I jump straight in with ' that customer took sooooo long... I'm from London, things are quicker there, I've got to get use to your pace here [smile]

He then says. ' Oh you ARE having a bad day' Actually Michael my day has been fab so far and no I don't want to save 10 cents by giving you my email address which you won't understand cos it's a .co.uk and not a .com. Zap zap zap here's the money and I'm off.




I'm sitting here now having a rather frothy cappuccino analysing why, when, how and who.
Where's those Yoga Sutra's.....I think I've got a long way to go.

Aum










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life of Sky. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig