Pages

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Nesting: Los Angeles

So before I forget, Hilary Clinton will be signing her book @BarnesandKnoble bookshop in The Grove this Thursday. I plan to take a peek and see what she looks like but chances are I won't remember. The Jenner sisters ( part of the Kardashian Clan) were there last Thursday and I clearly forgot. Oh well.

Although, I can live in a wooden hut with no locks, I can happily wash out of a bucket and eat vegetables for breakfast, lunch and dinner for as long as you like, I have realised that since I have arrived in Los Angeles I have been nesting. I've slowly been buying all the things I need to make life as comfortable as possible. 

First off was the Spiraliszer to make a courgette look like pasta. It's a lethal piece of equipment as it resembles a pencil sharpener. Then it was a juicer. The Nutri Bullet Juicer makes juices in less! than seconds (however if your thinking of getting a juicer get a masticating one)

I went to Macy's yesterday to get a comforter, which is a very thin duvet. I slept like a baby last night :)) I had already bought a crisp cotton duvet cover in Anthropologie (sale section! to die for) which was a necessity for comfort. Two china cups, tupperware containers and some flannels. Anybody would think I was setting up home here!......mwahahaha

Food shopping is just wonderful here. Both our nearest supermarkets are Wholefoods. Same as the ones at High Street Ken and Piccadilly. It's loaded with organic produce, alternative medicines and Gluten free/Vegan options. Which is just as well as Ivy had her food allergy results this morning and lets just say a vegan diet would suit however she can eat meat/fish.....if that makes sense. 

Next to my Yogaworks studio @ Larchment is a bakery called Babycakes which is a Vegan Bakery and they have 2 recipe books if your interested in gluten/wheat/dairy free cooking. It's like Celiac Nirvana.....at least 20 different goodies to choose from covered in frostings and icings all made with natural sugars.

Ah yes, yoga this morning. My body is like a watering can. I look at my once firm breasts as I hit the one hundredth downward dog and see the sweat dripping off. I was thinking on the bus back, maybe at my age I'm not doing myself any favours working so hard, maybe I'm just wearing out my body quicker? However, the thought did come to mind that if in 3 months time I was able to put both feet behind my head I could advertise the fact on my CV. I suppose we are thinking elderly circus act here but there might be a market for it. 




Nameste


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life of Sky. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig